When deciding on your best Medicare coverage, it’s important to consider all of the options available in your area. For those of us in Missouri, specifically Greene County, this means considering all of the excellent, affordable Medicare Advantage plans available to you.
What is Medicare Advantage?
Here is a basic understanding of Medicare Advantage to get you started. You can choose to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan once you’re eligible for and enrolled in Original Medicare at age 65. But, before you enroll in Medicare Advantage, you need to know which plan you should enroll in that works best for you, which is where this guide comes in.
There are five types of Medicare Advantage plans, all available in Missouri:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): Offers coverage within a local network of providers. You get to choose a primary care physician (PCP) for specialist referrals. Typically very affordable, often with $0 premiums.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): Also offers coverage within a local network, but with a bigger radius and some coverage available out-of-network. You do not need a PCP or specialist referral. Also very affordable, but costs a bit more than HMOs for the flexibility of coverage.
- Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS): These plans let you negotiate the terms of your plan with providers, giving you the option to receive care from anyone who accepts the assignment.
- Medical Savings Accounts (MSAs): Establishes a bank account for you to access to pay for your out-of-pocket costs. Offers high-deductible options for a lower premium.
- Special Needs Plans (SNPs): Limited to those with specific health or financial needs.
Plans and Providers in Missouri
With 126 Medicare Advantage Plans available as of 2022, Missouri residents have many plans to choose from. In Missouri, there are five providers:
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Here are some winning combinations of Medicare Advantage plans and providers in Missouri:
- Aetna PPO
- Essence HMO
- Sierra PPO
- Aetna HMO
- CHA HMO
- Coventry Health HMO/POS
- Humana PPO
- UnitedHealthcare HMO/POS
- UnitedHealthcare PPO
There are also choices in Greene County specifically. Many of these plans have $0 premiums, or are up to $50 a month for extra coverage. Many of them also cover your Part D deductible. Here are a few options with different types of Advantage plans:
- CoxHealth MedicarePlus (HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Value (HMO)
- Anthem MediBlue Service (PPO)
- Humana Honor (PPO)
- Wellcare Assist (HMO)
- Lasso Healthcare Growth Plus (MSA)
Find the Best Advantage Plan with Secure Insurance Group
With so many options to get you started, deciding your next steps can feel scary. We can help find you the Medicare Advantage plan you need. Call Secure Insurance Group at 1-877-871-7328 to get started.