Medicare Advantage, or Part C, covers important medical costs and makes sure that you’re insured for the future. But Medicare Advantage in Missouri may look different than other states, here’s what you need to know.
An Overview of Medicare Advantage in Missouri
Medicare Advantage goes along with your Original Medicare coverage to lower your costs and provide some extra benefits.
- There are currently 126 Medicare Advantage Plans available in Missouri.
- Everyone eligible for Medicare in Missouri can choose a Medicare Advantage Plan with a $0 monthly premium.
- The average monthly premium for a Medicare Advantage Plan in Missouri is $8.04, a decrease from $8.93 in 2021.
- 21 Medicare Advantage plans offer additional benefits beyond the standard offerings, such as wellness and health care planning, reduced cost-sharing, and rewards and incentives programs.
There are four types of Medicare plans available in Missouri and across the country: Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS), and Special Needs Plans (SNPs). Each is structured differently to provide tailored benefits and coverage for different budgets and health needs.
What Medicare Advantage Covers
Medicare Advantage structures your Original Medicare coverage to offer lower costs and preferred care. Physicians, offices, treatments, etc. that are considered “in-network” under your Advantage plan will cost less than out-of-network options.
Your plan may also include additional benefits apart from these savings. For instance, many plans include prescription drug coverage. You may also receive limited dental, vision, and hearing benefits (not including things like dentures, glasses, or hearing aides), as well as some other options.
Choosing Your Missouri Medicare Advantage Plan
To choose the right Medicare Advantage plan, you will first have to consider the provider you will be working with. Missouri has four main options to choose from:
- Aetna, with a 4-star Medicare ranking
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, with a 4 to 4.5-star Medicare ranking
- Humana, with a 4-start Medicare ranking
- UnitedHealthcare, with a 3.5-star Medicare ranking
Each of these providers will have unique Medicare Advantage plans for you to choose from. When making your decision, be sure to consider the monthly premium — while many Advantage plan premiums are low to zero, it could still impact your cash flow in retirement.
You’ll also want to look out for plans that have your current doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies in their network. That way you can receive their services at a lower cost without having to choose new care.
If you’re looking for an Advantage plan with prescription drug coverage, make sure the drugs you need are included within a good price range.
Find the Coverage You Need Today
There are clearly a large number of factors to consider when choosing a Medicare Advantage plan in Missouri. Thankfully, we can help. Call Secure Insurance Group at 1 (877) 871-7328.